Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Husband Chronicles Pt 4

The Husband Chronicles Pt 4

Hmm … Well, here it is several years later since my last Chronicle was written. A lot has changed. My location, life, jobs, etc. Yeah we even got the first black President in office. That’s a switch. Well I’m back in the Mid South Area again after many years bein’ gone. This place sure isn’t what it was when I left.

 Well I guess this time we are gonna touch on a few things that have happened over the years and a few things that I’ve learned lately. So this might be tame, but could go off like a Nuclear Bomb at any moment. So, keep your lead underwear handy. LoL

Well we lost DODT or Don’t Ask Don’t Tell in the U.S. Military. That’s a HUGE breakthrough on the behalf of the GLB&T community. We’ve had the First Lesbian Officer’s Kiss, and a picture of an Airman and His Marine floating around the net. The Prez shocked us all by sending a letter congratulating a GLB&T couple on their Marriage. I guess the world does change when you open your eyes and look around. We had a Prison in New York marry a Gay Inmate Couple. Another first in history! Now if we could jus’ get the U.S. Federal Gov to actually listen and give us EQUAL marriage rights (not this Civil Union crap either!) as Straight Couples we’d be happy as clams. Right? Maybe. I’m sure we’ll find something else to bitch about later. LoL But we’ve sure come a long way since the days of Stonewall.

Now, here’s the Nuke to really set the world on fire! Speaking of Gays, we’ve had a HUGE problem with Gay Youth Bullying lately!! This has resulted in Many, Many Gay Youth or Youth in general suicides! Why can’t our youth, the future of our existence, get some sort of protection as us adults? I mean shit fire people! We have HATE CRIMES going on all the time with our young people but are anyone doing anything about it? Um, Obviously NOT! Something’s gotta give folks! Parents I know aren’t helping the situation telling their children that Homosexuality is wrong and today’s Churches chime in with their praises too, which doesn’t help! We need better education in our schools, but wait a moment!?!?  TENNESSEE has passed bans on Homosexuality on several levels and many counties are going above and beyond the rulings. We, here in Tennessee, can’t say HOMOSEXUAL or even teach about HOMOSEXUALITY in our Schools! What kind of message are we sending to our Youth by doing this???

This brings me up on PREJUDICES and our SOCIETY in general! I’ve noticed that now that gays are getting more freedoms or rights and recognized a li’l more, the straight people are hoppin’ mad! I know of several races and religions are kickin’ in high gear over it screaming out how it’s the work of the devil, it’s morally wrong, it’s this, it’s that! I know I have to keep my life a secret except to those who need to know for the fear of getting beat. I live in the Bible Belt where it’s really not tolerated well but we don’t hear about the crimes that happen against our kind because it’s not “important” enough.  The police and Sherriff’s departments jus’ look the other way on these matters. Simply pat each other on the back and say “Good job!” or “That’ll teach them for bein’ gay.” It’s really sad to think that this sort of thing is still happening. I guess some teachings and traditions are hard to break, example: the KKK, Neo Nazis, etc.

Well I’m gonna take a step down on this soap box of mine and talk about something we can all relate to, straight, gay, etc. It’s on DATING in the 21st Century! I’ve been a member of POF (Plenty of Fish) and the likes. It’s really sad that I’m 36 yrs old and never made it past the dating stage in attempt after failed attempt to find Mr. Himself. It seems that everyone is jus’ out for a quick hook up anymore. Whatever happened to Monogamy and bein’ with one person? Yeah, I’ve dated women in my life too, but either way … Men or Women it seems that it’s all the same when it comes to dating. I’ve talked about it in my past Chronicles, but it never ceases to amaze me that I find something new. This time it seems we have the type of people that only call when it’s convenient for them. Then there is the “I’m in love with you after the first time we sleep together,” and my all time favorite, “What? You thought I was serious when I said I want something long term?” Sheesh, how dumb and low can people be when another person’s feelings are riding on a thin wire?  Don’t answer that. LoL  I think I’m jus’ to the point where I’m gonna call it quits and stay single. Obviously Mr. Himself or Herself checked out long ago and forgot to leave a forwarding address back in the 90’s.

Well I’m gonna leave you with this chapter to ponder over and I’ll be back soon with another one when some more Juicy Tidbits surface in this pool of human madness. LoL Y’all take care of yourself and each other.

Peace, Luv, and Hair Grease!

1 comment:

  1. We are on Facebook as well! Yay! Check us out and Like us to follow our li'l journey!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Husband-Chronicles-The-Other-Side/325076847515555

    ReplyDelete